Fire Sprinkler Technician Test & Inspect
Supervisor: Fire Division Manager
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm generally.
There may be some overtime or weekend work as authorized by Manager.
Minimum Employment Requirements:Demonstrate solid reading comprehension and math skills. Demonstrate problem solving skill. Maintain ability to pass random drug screen. On a daily basis, demonstrate flexibility and cooperation with other Metro employees, clients and the public; demonstrate effective communication and customer service. Demonstrate work ethic and honesty. Maintain Metro’s dress code standard and employment policies. Adhere to safe work practices.
Job Specific Requirements: Maintain physical ability to walk, climb, crawl, and work overhead all day. Maintain ability to lift +50 lb repetitively. Maintain a valid driver license in Oregon or Washington with an insurable driving record and safe driver skill. Demonstrate mechanical aptitude, dexterity and coordination. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving aptitude.
Fire Sprinkler Technicians are required to acquire and to maintain certifications and/or licenses as required performing maintenance and repair of fire sprinkler systems and related accessory equipment. They are required to know the current fire code for the various jurisdictions they are working in and be comfortable working with NFPA 25, 13, 13R standards. Fire Sprinkler Techs will demonstrate knowledge of applicable fire codes and life safety standards for the occupancy, the equipment, and clients served.
- Perform required inspection, test, maintenance and repair of fire sprinkler systems and related accessory equipment.
- Accurately document fire/life safety equipment on service records.
- Meet monthly revenue and productivity goals.
- Conduct training for the proper use of installed fire equipment.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Work cooperatively with the authorities having jurisdiction.
- Represent Metro at professional meetings when requested.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive wage + commission program, $33k – 50k annual, depends on results delivered.
- Paid Holidays, 6 per year
- Vacation Time/Sick Time, 12 days per year.
- 401(k) Deferred Compensation Program with company match & Roth Program.
- Health Plan with employee premium contribution.
- Disability / Life Insurance, premium company paid.
- Company van, uniforms, phone.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Career advancement opportunities.